Water slide requirements

JasonL

Hey yall, I booked a family cruise on the Liberty OTS 2-9-20 and was hoping for some insight about the restrictions for height and weight requirements. More specifically the Tidal wave restrictions. Thank you so very much @Matt for your blog about this topic already, it was that posting that brought up this question. 

The Tidal wave requirements are 52" and 100 lbs. My daughters might be 18 years old before they hit 100 pounds. How strict is this rule? Can a shorter or lighter child go if accompanied by an adult? Does anyone have experience with this? My girls (13 and 9 at time of cruise) are so excited to do their 2nd cruise, especially one with water slides. 

They are very strict about the height and weight requirements on all water slides.  It could be dangerous if there isn't enough weight as the tube could flip.  Here is a link on RC website that says the minimum is 75 pounds (of course the RC website could be wrong)   https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-activities/tidal-wave

The other Perfect Storm slides are still fun.  Some people complain about being slow but the key is to make sure you lift your bottom off the slide.  Only your feet and shoulders should touch to get a faster ride.