Dining Packages

Balsam

Since booking our first cruise (Voyager, Singapore to Hong Kong March 2019), I have been regularly checking the Cruise Planner for the availability of beverage packages. These are still not available, however the dining packages appeared as of yesterday, and I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone can assist with...

If we book the First Night Done Right, are we able to choose Chops? I understand that a restaurant will be allocated, and that we won't know which one until boarding, but I have also read this can be changed once on board. Unfortunately, I can't find which restaurants can be used.

If we take the three night package, do we have to dine in three different restaurants? There are only two restaurants that really appeal to us (Giovanni's and Chops), so would prefer to have say one meal in Giovanni's and two in Chops. Is this allowed?

How can we find out which nights will be formal nights in the MDR, and if there are two formal nights, is there any difference between them?

Finally, If we purchase the ultimate drinks package, does that cover drinks in the specialty restaurants in the same way it does in other areas of the ship?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

5 hours ago, Balsam said:

If we take the three night package, do we have to dine in three different restaurants?

Nope, you can dine at any restaurant you want. If you wanted to dine at the same restaurant 3 times, that's fine too.

How can we find out which nights will be formal nights in the MDR, and if there are two formal nights, is there any difference between them?

Read a past Cruise Compass. Best way to know definitively.

If we purchase the ultimate drinks package, does that cover drinks in the specialty restaurants in the same way it does in other areas of the ship?

Yes it does. Deluxe beverage package works on the ship and on RC's private islands of Labadee and CocoCay.