Deck 12 Forward on Adventure - noise from 13?

My first post - hello all!!

I’m ready to drop the hammer on a 2019 cruise (my first RCI!) and looking at panoramic ocean views on forward of deck 12 the 18xx cabins). On the Royal site they show that deck 13 has a sun deck above, but on another site with all the deck plans for all ships it shows a rock climbing wall??

I know now it was just in dry dock in February and I thought the rock climbing wall was new - what’s really up there? I see both sets of dates on their plans and am choosing the one for the time I am cruising, it’s almost like it’s not changing between them?

Less concerned about a rock wall than a sun deck because of scraping loungers - is noise an issue?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the message boards!

Rock climbing wall is aft on the back of the stack.  It's been there for a while.  The slides are new but also aft.

1513229992_Day3-31.jpg.a7b31be8103762067092e0e590df91cc.jpg

The sun deck area on deck 13 isn't used a lot.  Not like the pool deck areas.  A handful of people will find it but it's generally not packed like the loungers by the pool or solarium.

Typical sea day - no one up there.  This was in May of this year after the dry dock.

Few people will go there at night.  

870068709_Day3-18.jpg.398dcdf7bdb73b7d52392e441b27be3a.jpg

1905899098_Day3-19.jpg.d829326cd1847245239dbff573b8534c.jpg

I know people that have fallen in love with these cabins and it's all they book, when they can.  

Thank you ever so much - pictures and all! 

I’m going to go with it - we have a port intensive cruise so I’m not worried now that it’s a less used area - especially because it’s a New England cruise and not a Caribbean one so I don’t imagine it’s going to be very warm to sit out there at night for the most part anyway.

Obviously the other site has their decks turned around haha. I really appreciate your response! Happy cruising!

For a number of reasons deck 13 isn't a great place to go for views forward.

The peak-a boo bridge area is more convenient.

There are tall glass walls on deck 13 to block the wind, but that means looking through glass.

Helipad provides awesome views forward. 

You might see a couple of people there during sail away but it's not a busy place.