Mediterranean Cruise - Interporting

Hi! I'm new here and to Royal Caribbean. I've only cruised Carnival and Disney before. Just signed up for my first cruise in June of 2019 leaving from Barcelona, and I am so excited! It is on Oasis of the Seas. 

From the travel itineraries I've seen, this seems to be an interporting cruise. People will also be embarking/disembarking at Rome which is the 4th day of our cruise. Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering how that changes the general flow and atmosphere of the cruise? Will there still be sail-away and last day parties? Will day 4 in Rome be kind of chaotic?

From what I've gathered, Royal usually uses Barcelona as the first port. so sail-away etc should be based on this. Currently Symphony is doing cruises from Barcelona with interporting in Rome - based on the comments in CC there aren't that many people who are boarding in Rome. If you do an excursion in Rome you won't see much difference to a non-interporting cruise. 

Since you are a Carnival cruiser (as I was) they also do this (or used to at least).  I did a Valor cruise twice out of San Juan and they took on new guests in Barbados who would stay on past our debarking.  So it's not unheard of on other lines as well. 

I talked with some folks who boarded on this basis.  They had to attend a smaller muster drill that I recall hearing about at the time but paid no attention to it.  There was a PA announcement something like "...for those guest that just joined us there is a mandatory muster drill in 30 minutes.".  Other than that it had zero impact to the cruise for us.