Allure Adventure Ocean Kids

Dominique

Adventure Ocean doesn't fill up, especially on port days.  So your plan to leave him onboard while you go on an excursion should work without any issue.  You should check what time they open on that day.  They are supposed to open an hour or two before you dock so those with RC shore excursions can drop off kids.

While Royal does acknowledge that space is limited to maintain staff-to-kid ratios, I've never seen them turn anyone away. This is mainly because they know how many children will be on the ship and they bring in extra staff on sailings where there are a lot of children onboard. For example, during a holiday sailing, they brought back many of their former staff for three week contracts as there were more kids onboard. Most of these staff had or were pursuing Master's degrees in education, social work, etc.

While I would encourage you to sign your kids up on the first day, to attend the open house on the first afternoon, and to send your kids the first night to make friends, I don't think you need to worry about space limitations. The only limitations are for Royal Babies and Tots (kids under 3), which is paid babysitting.

He'll have a great time. The busiest time in AO is the evening. We travel during Spring Break with a lot of other kids and like others have said we've never been turned away even in the evening.  Day time in general and port days are much less crowded. My kids will beg to go there during the day and usually come back with crafts, etc. The evening tends to be group games due to the larger groups of kids. 

Just sign up sometime during the day of embarkation. For a 6 year old, you won't have to tell them when he'll be there.