Post Hurricane St. Thomas

GreenSpartan

@twangster put an update recently on the "Royal Caribbean Update" thread in the general discussion forum. Sounds like they're making good progress rebuilding and restoring things.

I've spoken to a couple people on St Thomas today.  Island life is getting better and power is coming back on in many places.  Ships full of utility poles arrived weeks ago and crews have been busy replacing downed power lines.  The Charlotte Amalie area is very close to pre-storm conditions.  My friend told me in places you wouldn't know a hurricane had passed through.  That's not to say every home that was damaged has been fixed or that everyone has power, far from that.  However the curfew is no longer in place and life is so much better he tells me.  Paradise Point remains closed while they make repairs and work towards the goal of reopening as soon as they can.   This is a process and it will take time but they are definitely ready to accept tourists and they need the money that tourism brings.  I am looking forward to my visit there in December.