It Pays To Call

Skid

We are booked on Adventure for May 2018 and I check the website often for possible price decreases. I've seen lower pricing but only for a guarantee cabin and we definitely want to keep the specific cabin we have. Although other websites show available cabins, Royal is showing ONLY guarantee cabin prices for this category/sailing. I called RCCL to ask if they would give us that price, but let us keep the cabin we have. Of course they said no, BUT the rep reworked our pricing and saved us $55. Not a whole lot of money, but we'll gladly take it!

This also reinforces many of the "sale" threads. I booked last June. It was 60% off second passenger and $150 instant cash off. Today is only 50% off second passenger and $126 instant savings, yet the whole package comes out to $55 less because the base cruise price is less.

Point is that you may want to call and just let them run the numbers. The whole thing took only 15 minutes from the time I dialed.

I have saved cash this way on several cruises, we have a Alaskan cruise scheduled for next June.  I upgraded our room because the sale price for a JS was only a few hundred off of our balcony so it was worth it for the few perks as well as double cruise points. 

I booked in April 2017 for Anthem in May 2018.  I have an inside cabin on deck 10.  I just called on Sunday after seeing lower prices and I saved over $500 on my cabin.  I was amazed.  This will be my 15th cruise (10th on RCCL) but this is my best adjustment ever.  The rep told me it was because of Price Integrity going into effect.  I am one happy cruiser now.