RC's Ruins and Chocolate Testing Excursion-Too much for 76yo Mom?

Hello! First time cruiser for July 2024, RC's Grandeur going to Cozumel, Mexico. Has anyone done the Ruins and Chocolate Testing excursion? We're wondering just how much walking/standing there is. My mom is an active 76 year old and wants to enjoy a shore excursion, but we don't want to schedule anything too difficult. Thanks for your help! - Teresa

21 hours ago, teresacubed said:

Hello! First time cruiser for July 2024, RC's Grandeur going to Cozumel, Mexico. Has anyone done the Ruins and Chocolate Testing excursion? We're wondering just how much walking/standing there is. My mom is an active 76 year old and wants to enjoy a shore excursion, but we don't want to schedule anything too difficult. Thanks for your help! - Teresa

Welcome to the boards! I haven’t done that exact excursion, but I travel a lot with my spry 80 year old mother. We find that unless the shore excursion includes true physical activity like kayaking or biking she does just fine. Of course I go with her to lend a hand if the ground is rugged, but otherwise there are pretty much always folks even less mobile than her. 

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion in March of this year, and it was already pretty hot and humid! However, I found the tour to be nicely paced and there were several places where you could sit. If the AC on the bus is working, I don't think your mom will have much trouble with it. The walking path was MOSTLY even. If it's a concern, a cane might be good, might be overkill.

After the ruins, the stops are short with not much walking. Chances to shop and buy drinks. Not too strenuous at all. I suggest sitting on the left side of the bus if you like ocean views during part of the drive.

On 4/4/2024 at 12:56 PM, teresacubed said:

Did this at age 70. There is some walking at the ruins, but this is not a strenuous excursion. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.