Anthem of the Seas - April 21, 2024, 7 night cruise

Hi,

We are a family of 4 (Hubby,I, 6 y.o. daughter and 21 month old son)sailing on this cruise. This will be our first ever cruise so we are both nervous and excited. We are celebrating my 40th. Any other families with little ones on this cruise? Any tips about what to do/pack and not are appreciated.Also, still confused if we should buy the DBP or not. Is drinking water included in it?

• 4 weeks later...

Go onto FB there is a page for the cruise with close to 450+ 

Look under this site regarding the beverage packages.  

As far as packing clothes, don't go down that rabbit hole until the week of.   Last yr on April 21st it was 90 degrees.  April 22nd it was in the mid 70s.  You just don't know

Must haves for me would be Heavy duty magnets!  You can find them on amazon...get heavy duty!  All walls are metal.  Hang hats, pool bags, diaper bag on the walls so the floor isn't cluttered.  With children that age you might consider a shoe hanging bag....aloe, tylenol, sunscreen, small bottles of bath and shampoo for the kids, water shoes, sunglasses, tide wipes, etc.

Zip lock baggies....a box of them!  Go to the Windjammer and load up every morning....cereal, grapes, muffins, whatever!  If they are not using day care beware WJ will shut down between breakfast and lunch this comes in handy at the pool!   Repeat at lunch....cookies, roasted chicken, cheese, etc.  

Bring on pre seal snacks.  Buy the Ritz on cracker packs you put in a lunch bag.  Get the small Oreo cookie tubs or dunk a roos.  MUST BE UNOPENED!  Place in luggage.  

As far as embarkation day. IF the weather is nice ...  Go to the WJ all the way back!  Everyone fights for tables around the food!  Anthem is unique it has an outdoor seating in the WJ!  

If you want to keep it more low keyed.  Go to the 270.  This is where you will get the Kummelwreck!  Its a hidden treasure for first timers! It also a beautiful view ....enclosed! 

Solarium bistro is also a great option...fewer selections, but if the kiddos see the pool and start asking can we go now and its chilly, the bistro is right there next to the indoor pool!  

Hope this helped!  I am on this cruise.  

• 5 weeks later...