Sandy Toes, Nassau

Koz

Good morning. We are cruising on the Anthem of the Seas in the Fall and one of our stops on our NJ originating ship is Nassau. I know about the Colonial Hilton but I've seen a bit of chatter about Sandy Toes as well. Does anyone have anything good, bad or otherwise to say about such  a day-long  excursion? Was it easy to get to?   Worth the money?  How was the beach? Quality of food and drinks? Available activities and entertainment? Thanks so much!

Guest toodle68

I am probably not the best to respond since I am sure it isn't too bad..  but we went 3 years ago and did not have a great experience due to the weather.  They don't cancel unless the weather is really bad and when we showed up to the boat to take us to the island, the forecast was for bad storms but it was ok when we set off. The captain said the storms might miss us.  You get to the island and then it is about a 15 min walk to the beach.  The beach itself is nice enough, nothing special but ok.

Then about 30 minutes later the heavens opened and pretty much stormed all day. We were not allowed into the sea and everyone sheltered in the bar area.  The lunch was ok, but again, nothing special. The boat ride there and back I think was 45 mins. Nice going out, horrible coming back.

In the end, it was a horrible day.   In the event that it was all sunny and bright, it might have been ok.  It is certainly no nachi cocom and it's a cash bar, limited buffet lunch.