St Lucia port

Derek Terry

Other than calling, I'm not sure there's any way to find out for sure. Something similar happened to us on the Jewel with Tortola because of a improvement to the pier. While I had read about Tortola not being available, Royal did nothing to inform the guest ahead of time and simply substituted St. Thomas on a Sunday. The good news is that we were the only ship in St. Thomas. Unfortunately, that was also the bad news. Because they did not communicate this in advance, many of the excursions were cancelled as too few had booked them in the 6 hour window onboard that they provided before making the decision. Had they given advanced notice, then there might have been time for the excursions to fill.

I assume you are talking about sailing on the Adventure of the Seas?  This ship has 3 different itineraries (rotating every 3 weeks) and one of these visits St Lucia.  Due to dredging in the port of St Lucia, the ship had to change to Martinique for 3 sailings (May 13, June 3, June 24).  The July 15 sailing did stop in St Lucia.  The next sailing scheduled for St Lucia leaves this Saturday, August 5.  All we can do is keep checking every 3 weeks to see where the ship goes.  RCI seemed caught off guard by the length of the dredging because they kept saying they were going to St Lucia as scheduled during June but ended up diverting anyway.