Halifax Tour or On Our Own

WannaCruise

Fellow Canadian here but next year's cruise will be the first time we will be visiting Halifax.

We're debating on whether to book a tour that goes to Peggy's Cove, or there is a Historic Walking Tour or an Architecture Walking Tour that could be interesting.

I've also heard for Halifax there is no need to book a tour as there is a nice nice waterfront and museum right at the port (would be interested in the Titanic exhibit).

Any thoughts or suggestions?

• WannaCruise changed the title to Halifax Tour or On Our Own
3 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Fellow Canadian here but next year's cruise will be the first time we will be visiting Halifax.

We're debating on whether to book a tour that goes to Peggy's Cove, or there is a Historic Walking Tour or an Architecture Walking Tour that could be interesting.

I've also heard for Halifax there is no need to book a tour as there is a nice nice waterfront and museum right at the port (would be interested in the Titanic exhibit).

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Unless you want to visit Peggy's Cove or the Titanic gravesite, everything is easily walkable from the pier. Off the top of my head, it was a 4 mile loop (the way I walked it) out to the fort with a visit to the old cemetery and city park, down to the nautical museum, then along the waterfront back to the pier where the ship ports. At the port itself there's a well done Canadian immigration museum too.