Roatan : Rony's Tours

Christopher Chan

Rony's Tours comes highly recommended on this forum and we are looking to book at tour with him for our upcoming visit.   He is asking us to pay a deposit which I'm prepared to do.  He's is asking us to balance in cash to the driver on the day "before you arrive at the first activity / attraction".    Is that the standard practice with Rony's? 

Just asking out of an abundance of caution that I won't get stuck without any transport after paying in full at the start of the tour, as opposed to the end of the tour. 

I have usually paid the driver at the end for the "private tour" itself but I pay the driver for the activities as we do them since they typically make arrangements and pay for the activity.

I have used Rony's tours 5 times in the past 4 years without any issues. My first thought is that there may have been some issues where people did not pay at the end or ran short of cash.  I love Roatan, but cash is definitely preferred there so make sure you bring extra for lunch etc.

6 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I have usually paid the driver at the end for the "private tour" itself but I pay the driver for the activities as we do them since they typically make arrangements and pay for the activity.

I have used Rony's tours 5 times in the past 4 years without any issues. My first thought is that there may have been some issues where people did not pay at the end or ran short of cash.  I love Roatan, but cash is definitely preferred there so make sure you bring extra for lunch etc.

Thanks!  It's great that you've used Rony's so many times, definitely makes me feel more comfortable.  Other online reviews are all very positive as well.  I'm going to lock it in.