Do Excursion Options Keep Changing?

StuckInOhio

Hi all,

I'm cruising to Alaska in exactly a year from now. I started looked at excursions a few weeks ago and it seems like the list of options keeps changing. I started a list of options that I liked and at least one of those is no longer listed and I'm sure there are others now that weren't there originally. Will the list of options continue to change over time?  If I book something now and later see something different that I would prefer, can I book the new one and cancel the old one? I also see one that has jumped in price already, but I'm less surprised by that.  What do you all do? Do you book early and continue to watch the site for other/better options?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Always book early! On my last Alaska cruise, many excursion prices jumped by as much as 50% from November 2022 - July 2023. If the price does drop, you simply cancel and rebook. Yes, excursions will change MANY times over the next year. I just got back from Alaska last week and had excursions still pop up in June. Alaska is a little different than other destinations in that the excursion listing doesn’t fully populate until a couple of months after the current Alaska season is over…around October/November for the following summer. 

2 hours ago, StuckInOhio said:

Oh wow. Thanks for the great information.  I'll book what I can now and re-check every week or so.

Make sure you re-check during the Black Friday sale. Some excursions go on sale by 25-30%, which is much better than the usual 10% off sale price. I rebooked ALL my excursions during the last Black Friday sale and saved over $500.