DIY divider curtain between bed/sofa in balcony cabin on Anthem? + room configuration

Hi, we have a cruise on Anthem coming. I don't think there's a divider curtain, but is there a way to create one using a sheet and magnetic hooks, or some other hack? There are 4 of us and we won't be going to sleep at the same time, so I'd like to find a way to reduce the light disturbance to a minimum.

Other question: Do I understand correctly that the configuration of the room is the same for alternate rooms (for instance cabin 8532 has a "bed close to the balcony, sofa neat the door" according to a video, so cabins 8530 and 8534 have a "bed close to the door, sofa close to the balcony" configuration)?

Thanks!

23 hours ago, Maralya said:

Hi, we have a cruise on Anthem coming. I don't think there's a divider curtain, but is there a way to create one using a sheet and magnetic hooks, or some other hack? There are 4 of us and we won't be going to sleep at the same time, so I'd like to find a way to reduce the light disturbance to a minimum.

Other question: Do I understand correctly that the configuration of the room is the same for alternate rooms (for instance cabin 8532 has a "bed close to the balcony, sofa neat the door" according to a video, so cabins 8530 and 8534 have a "bed close to the door, sofa close to the balcony" configuration)?

Thanks!

The ceilings and walls are all metal and the magnetic hooks will hang anywhere.... the way I've seen it done is exactly how you mentioned. Buy the 100lb hooks, hang em from the ceiling and hang a sheet or two, or bring a few dark shower liners with you, and just surround the bed or couch to block out the light.  And yes, the rooms alternate, so if you have 3 rooms- 2 of them will be one way, and the one in the middle with be the alternate setup. 

I have a curious question or two about staterooms when two additional guests are in a balcony/porthole/ inside stateroom. With the rooms being serviced once a day, what happens to the pullout bed? Is it pulled out once and remains that way for the duration of the cruise? Do cabins with four guests receive an extra turn down service in the evening where the bed/sofa are interchanged? And, when the bed is pulled out, what happens to furniture like a chair or table? ‘Cause there are cabins I don’t think you could have two queen sized beds AND room for a chair or small table, the desk, the chair for the desk, and the cabinetry. 

5 hours ago, ScottD said:

The ceilings and walls are all metal and the magnetic hooks will hang anywhere.... the way I've seen it done is exactly how you mentioned. Buy the 100lb hooks, hang em from the ceiling and hang a sheet or two, or bring a few dark shower liners with you, and just surround the bed or couch to block out the light.  And yes, the rooms alternate, so if you have 3 rooms- 2 of them will be one way, and the one in the middle with be the alternate setup. 

Thank you very much!