Hidden Suprises While Ashore

DAVE(Darkcabbie)

Thought this topic would be good for finding out things about the places we all visit and some of the hidden gems you've all found. 

One thing we found on a Caribbean Cruise a good few years ago was a hidden Hard Rock Cafe on our favourite  Island  of St Thomas. From what I can remember you head into town and belive it or not down a narrow alley an up some dodgy stairs and up the top you will see a smallish door with Hard Rock above it. When we went in it opened up into a large ish restaurant and for me the jewel in the Crown was there was an outside terrace with amazing views of St Thomas. I know this was a long while ago and things change but if it is still there it's well worth a visit  for some lunch or Cocktails. 

On Coco Cay, at the far end of the island, there was/is a high top wooden table with 3 or 4 chairs around it.  It's used by the owners of the island to watch the sunset.  I know I'm not the only one who's found it, but I came across it Geocaching.  That day, at that time, I was the only one there, and it was so peaceful and quiet.  I could see the ship, but the vast expanse of the ocean is what caught my eye, knowing I was on an itty bitty island in the middle of the big blue wet thing.

On 6/28/2017 at 8:55 PM, DAVE(Darkcabbie) said:

Thought this topic would be good for finding out things about the places we all visit and some of the hidden gems you've all found. 

One thing we found on a Caribbean Cruise a good few years ago was a hidden Hard Rock Cafe on our favourite  Island  of St Thomas. From what I can remember you head into town and belive it or not down a narrow alley an up some dodgy stairs and up the top you will see a smallish door with Hard Rock above it. When we went in it opened up into a large ish restaurant and for me the jewel in the Crown was there was an outside terrace with amazing views of St Thomas. I know this was a long while ago and things change but if it is still there it's well worth a visit  for some lunch or Cocktails. 

I try and find a Hard Rock Cafe at all the different ports we stop at.   I always get a Hard Rock Cafe ball cap as a collection of all the cities and countries I've been to.

11 hours ago, MikeK said:

I try and find a Hard Rock Cafe at all the different ports we stop at.   I always get a Hard Rock Cafe ball cap as a collection of all the cities and countries I've been to.

Cool, I hope you get to visit the Hard Rock in St Thomas and add to your collection