More than 1 bottle on embarkation day

TylerB

I am just wondering what happens if you bring more than the allowed 1 bottle of wine per person on embarkation day?

we are taking a Hawaii cruise out of Vancouver and thinking of getting more than 1 bottle to take home with me after the cruise. Will they take the extras and give them back to me at the end of the cruise?

or will they just confiscate them and not give it back?

YMMV - I think it depends on the port.  In Seattle, our two bottles of wine were wrapped in plastic bags from Target then in another bag. No way you could even see what they were and they slid them thru in the security line I was in. Mrs Fan was in another security line and she could have easily had 2 more bottles. There were 8 in our party, and we were scattered thru multiple security lines at boarding.  Also, I've said in the past that I could have been carrying on Stellum Bourbon which is in a wine bottle shape as no one even paid any attention to what was in the bags.  The same was true in Boston for a sailing last fall.  No one seemed to care what I was carrying.