Mykonos:Easy Ways to Get to the Beach?

KDK

My daughters would like to go to the beach at Mykonos. The royal Caribbean excursion only has departures left for 930 instead of the 830 time we want it does anybody know how easy it is to get to the beaches on our own? Also, does Royal Caribbean have a shuttle that brings us to old town? 

9 hours ago, KDK said:

My daughters would like to go to the beach at Mykonos. The royal Caribbean excursion only has departures left for 930 instead of the 830 time we want it does anybody know how easy it is to get to the beaches on our own? Also, does Royal Caribbean have a shuttle that brings us to old town? 

No, there is no provided shuttle to the Old Port.  You can take the short water ferry that @cedricmr mentioned.  There are lots of beaches on Mykonos.  Here is a little breakdown: https://santorinidave.com/best-beaches-mykonos. Transportation is not easy, and the return to town will likely be more difficult than the trip to a beach, so I recommend an excursion if they want to go to a farther away beach.  If they don't want a particular beach, your daughters could just walk to Agios Stefanos Beach.  

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, MrsHFQ said:

How far a walk is it from where the cruise ships dock?

Welcome to the boards!  It is about a 15 minute walk from the "New Port" in Mykonos to Agios Stefanos Beach.  I recommend wearing sneakers for the walk and bringing flip flops for once you get to the beach area.  The walk is along a dirt/gravel path that generally follows the main road.  You can Google it for some good photos.