Allergy Dining

Does anyone have feedback on dining with egg, sesame, beef and nut allergies. Curious what options they have for teens? I think my teen would love El Loco Fresh and Sorrento's but do not know ahead of time of these are safe options. Has anyone with these or some allergies eaten here or are you only allowed ro eating thr MDR? TYIA!!

13 hours ago, Angela Benn said:

Does anyone have feedback on dining with egg, sesame, beef and nut allergies. Curious what options they have for teens? I think my teen would love El Loco Fresh and Sorrento's but do not know ahead of time of these are safe options. Has anyone with these or some allergies eaten here or are you only allowed ro eating thr MDR? TYIA!!

My young niece (now 9) has severe peanut, tree nut, sesame allergies. The MDR, CK, WJ, and Sabor were all very accommodating on Harmony last May. That said, she was 8 and doesn't exactly eat many things. At Sabor, they even brought out the bag with the ingredient list of the gluten free tortilla chips for my sister-in-law to check.

I'm sure your teen would have a great experience at venues like that but I'm not sure about the quick service venues like El Loco Fresh or Sorrento's since they run like an assembly line. I trust that a food manager could give you info about them but I'm not sure if they would be able to make anything special to avoid cross-contamination like they can in the other venues (i.e. my niece loves hot dogs and they would make them special for her in the WJ to assure there was no cross-contamination rather than having her just grab one off the buffet).

Hopefully someone can give you a more specific answer. There is no El Loco Fresh on Harmony and she wasn't interested in pizza.

In February we cruised out of Miami on Oasis of the Seas and as I am gluten free there were about 5 items that I could eat safely at El Loco Fresh.  When we got off the ship we drove to Port Canaveral and boarded Wonder of the Seas.  On Wonder there were only 2 items that I could eat safely at El Loco Fresh.  I think you will have to check on the ship as you board because my experience was the same quick serve food venue on two different ships gave me two different results.

For the Main Dining Room and Windjammer I find they are much more consistent across the board with what you can/can't eat.  I still bring a suitcase of my own snack items because after 9 p.m. the only thing open is Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's.