Embarkation Day "Chops Grille" Menu Lunch w/ The Key - Kids Options?

dcnole

My family has booked "The Key" for our upcoming cruise on Freedom of the Seas.  I know that one of the perks of The Key that people enjoy is the exclusive embarkation day lunch at the MDH with the special Chops Menu. This is very exciting for me, as I love a good filet mignon and was probably not going to be going to Chops otherwise.  However, my 12 year old daughter is a very picky eater, and she does not really eat anything on the menus for this lunch that I've seen posted online.  She does, however, enjoy some things on the normal MDH kids menu, like spaghetti w/ marinara and chicken nuggets/tenders. Does anyone know if the MDH kids menu is available for this special lunch? 

I am thinking (hoping) that since it's way cheaper to throw together a bowl of spaghetti than a fancy steak lunch, we should be able to make this work so long as the kitchen is up and running to do so.  I just don't know what their capabilities are at noon on embarkation day.  Does anyone have experience ordering off the kids menu at this event?  Or seen others do it?  Thanks! 

Chops lunch in Chops is fantastic and half the price of dinner. It’s in the cruise planner. Personally I don’t think the key is worth it unless it was very close in price to the internet or the sailing is super full and you can use the rock wall feature etc

unless the kitchen has a separate kids lunch menu  it’s doubtful they’ll throw on a pot of water and make sauce.  If you find out they can’t do it then you can take a quick visit to the windjammer to get food while you are waiting on your meal.