GTY Guaranteed Suite

BartD

I booked a Is royal caribbean cruise with a guarantee suite (GTY).  I clicked the info button for the selection, and under room type, it said 'GS above.'  The other GTY suite selection had a different room description. 

Does anyone know what that means?  

GS is Grand Suite and since that's the lowest level of suite, getting a Grand Suite or better is consistent with a suite guarantee.  Note that a Junior Suite is really just an oversized balcony room without any of the suite perks.  So you booked an actual suite guarantee.  Sometimes they sell guarantees for Junior Suite or better.  That would probably would say "JS above" where you see "GS above".  With a Junior Suite guarantee, you might or might not get suite privileges depending on what category you actually get.

• 1 year later...

I just booked a cruise in October out of N.O. I always use rccl agents, I paid for a grand suite GTY... I was told I was guaranteed a Grand Suite or higher but the the room number would assigned just prior to sailing.. On my reservation itinerary it says GS GTY.. rccl told me GS is Grand Suite and GTY means guaranteed.. Some people think incorrectly that GS means guaranteed suite which could end up being Jr suite... They are wrong