Snorkeling in Cozumel Mexico

gofast34

From all of the experienced cruisers out there, this will be my first cruise ever and boarding harmony of the seas.  Wondering whats the best snorkeling excursion in cozumel trying to pick which one would be the best for my wife and I since we have never been snorkeling but heard cozumel was going to be the best of the ports we are visiting to do this.  Any advice or experiences would be very helpful thanks

Hi, 

We just returned from Cozumel and had so much fun snorkeling. We did loads of research on which tour operator in Cozumel was the best to do a snorkel tour with, and we came across Cozumel Cruise Excursions .NET They have tons of great reviews, and take you to the best reefs, which are Palancar Reef and Colombia Reef. Sorry if I misspelled those. They are a small family tour operation, and another one of their popular tours that we did the year before was their private jeep tour, which also includes snorkeling but from the shore. 

The best part, is that they take you to a sandbar called El Cielo, which they said means "Sky" or "Heaven" in Spanish, and if you go here you'll see exactly why. Its probably the most beautiful place we have ever seen in the Caribbean. I attached a photo, and hope I did it right. Just going here is worth the money. They provide beer, soda, water and I think they had some juices for the kids, cant remember. The guacamole was out of this world, and don't get me started on the fresh cut pineapple. They are small group tours, so it was very personalized. 

They actually pick you up right from the cruise pier which was very convenient. I believe the other companies, make you take a taxi to the marina. But no matter who you choose, make sure to do a snorkel tour in Cozumel that visits El Cielo sandbar. You can get more information by visiting their Cozumel snorkel and el Cielo tour page. The tour was over 4 hours, and cost $50 per person which was great compared to the cruise ship tours. 

Well have a great time on your first cruise, and no matter what your going to have a blast in Cozumel :)

snorkel-cielo-party-tour-cozumel.jpg