Highlights of Mykonos Tour

Billionaired

We booked this excursion for the family and it's about 3.5 hrs long.  I read somewhere here that it's better to just wander around Mykonos and explore the whole place.  Any thoughts?  I'm thinking of cancelling my reservation for this tour.  Overview below.

"See the best of Mykonos, with a driving tour to see an internationally-known beach before stopping at an ornate monastery in a traditional village and concluding with an exploration of Mykonos Town on foot."

You have to be wary of words like "driving" and "panoramic" in tour descriptions. Basically you'll be spending a lot of your time looking at stuff through the bus windows. Fine if you have mobility issues but not so great if you don't and what you actually want to do is get out and explore.

You really, really, really don't need a tour in Mykonos. The whole fun of the place is wandering around in those delightful (and incredibly clean) little streets at your whim. You'll probably get lost but that's part of the fun. We did and ended up accidentally finding the windmills that are apparently one of the highlights of the island and which we didn't know about beforehand.

I'd say cancel the tour and use the money for something more worthwhile.

You can read about how we spent our time in Mykonos in my recap blog from our Greek Isles cruise last May here: