CoCo Cay Wave Jet excursion question

jp1

I booked a Wave Jet for me with my wife as the passenger.  All that was available at the time was 2pm so I took it.  Later, a 10am driver popped up so I grabbed it.  I tried to book my wife as the passenger and 10am showed as sold out.  How can that be?  Is it possible they would put a stranger on the back of my Wave Jet?  That's nuts for a couple reasons.

I called RCCL (on hold for 2 minutes) and spoke with a person that suggested I email shorex@rccl.com and request to have a 10am passenger spot opened.  I'm not holding my breath getting a response from them with only a month to go before we cruise.

I did get a response...

Thank you for contacting the Shore Excursions Inquiry Team and for choosing us as your vacation guide.

Please note "CocoCay Wave Jet Tour - Passenger Add-On ZH23" 10:00 am tour is showing sold out. However, you will be able to book this ticket at the desired time once onboard the ship. 

Only guests with driver tour booked in their party will be able to have a ticket at the same time.

I was on the CoCo Cay Wave Jet excursion.  I was going to book a driver/passenger for myself and my husband.  But my brother talked me out of it.  He told me that the jet skis are not very powerful.  They can handle an adult driver and a child but does not do well with 2 adults. 

The other thing I would like to say about the excursion is that they give you a hard time if you go too slow.  It was the first time my husband and I were on Jet Skis.  I get it that they want to keep everyone together but waiting an extra minute for the slow drivers to catch up should not be that much of an issue.  This was sad but I don't think I will book that excursion again.