Cozumel - Allure of the Seas - Playa Mia excursion questions

Kevin Golden

First time cruise on Royal, 2nd cruise overall. 
My wife and I are considering the Playa Mia beach excursion.
We have a couple of questions that have not been able to find answers to.

1. How far is the walk from the ship to the shuttle bus(es) for excursions?
2. Are there multiple busses per day going to and from the Playa Mia Beach such that we don't have to rush to an early morning bus to get the beach and also so that we don't have to stay the entire day at the beach if we want to come back to the ship early?

For RCI official excursions, you typically have to follow the schedule that is given.  You will normally meet onboard the ship and then board a bus as a group and head to your destination.  A return time will be given and that is when you would reboard the bus to return to the ship.

If you wanted to make your own schedule, I would encourage you to just make your own excursion by making your own excursion.  Paradise Beach, Mr Sancho's, and Nachi Cocom are all recommended all inclusive beaches that take reservations.  

When we went to Playa Mia (Official RCCL cooking/beach excursion) we went into port (maybe a 300 yard walk?), found the person with the sign showing our excursion number, got wristbands, and waited at the main pavilion (with a lot of other folks) until someone called out for our group. There was a certain time this had to be done by. Their schedule, not ours. We walked maybe 50 yards from there, boarded a bus and went to Playa Mia. We were told that the particular bus we were on was the one we would go back to port on, and to be back on it by a particular time.

The busses all remained parked the entire time, no shuttling back and forth. Neat place and we enjoyed ourselves. I imagine you could maybe catch a taxi back early. They do counts on the busses so I would think I'd inform the driver we were going back early if a taxi was available. That way the rest of the bus won't be waiting for your group before heading back. Never occurred to us to go back early, the day felt short enough the way it was. Hoped this helped a bit.

13 hours ago, Kevin Golden said:

Thx everyone for the replies.

All very helpful info.

I just booked Nachi Cocom this morning. I understand we can just grab a taxi at the stand there at the port. That beach resort is more our speed... low and slow 😀.

Plus we can just grab a taxi back when we're ready to head back to the ship.

Good choice.  It will be way less crowded vs Playa Mia.  Taxis are easy.