Kids + Dining (My Time Dining)

SheeshLev

Hi All,

We have a cruise planned for Dec 2023 (Wonder of the Seas) and this will be our first time bringing our girls (7&Turning 10 on the cruise).

We chose My Time Dining, not realizing it would only allow us to book dining slots 6:45PM and later, which is not ideal for my kids who like to eat early.

So 1st question for those of you who have sailed with kids, what is the best way to go about dinner dining with the kiddos? Should we just bring them through buffet when they're ready to eat (likely closer to 5:30) and then sign them up for Adventure Ocean at 7 so we can do My Time Dining alone? Or would it make more sense to try and get our dining selection changed to the early option?

I know we also will eventually need to plan out entertainment on the ship, which is not yet available, so I am trying to make this as easy as possible.

I'm leaning toward changing to earlier dining, in fact I have emailed them about it without a response yet (2 weeks ago).  But wondering what experienced cruisers with children would do?

Let me know if there's additional info that would be helpful!

Just to give you another perspective, we cruised this past summer with our girls (8 and 10), we had my time dining and for the most part reservations around 7 to 7:45. That worked really well for us, specially on days that we had shore excursions as there was no need to rush to get ready for dinner or they could enjoy the pool and water slides until the last minute.  Also have in mind that in the cruise they might be snacking more than usual with all the yummy options (for them it was one of the perks of vacation time).  Even with the later than usual dinner option we were able to attend all the shows.  I recommend you search on this site for a previous cruise compass of your itinerary so you can get a rough idea at what time are the shows  you are interested to see and review your plans on the days at the port so you can try and plan dinner.  I hope this help, I am sure they will have a fantastic time no matter what you decide.