Georgetown, Grand Cayman Turtle Center

Robbie Bott

This is our families first cruise. We are visiting Georgetown in April on Odyssey, one of my kids wants to swim with the turtles at the turtle center, and the other wants to go snorkeling at the sunken ship. The only excursion offered (Pedro St. James & Turtle Swim) that has a turtle swim also includes an island tour, we are in no way interested in doing the island tour. Is it possible to only do the turtle center and then proceed to our next excursion at the sunken ship snorkel?

Anyone know how we can make this work? Or what are the catches that we may run into with this? Do the cruise lines get us from one excursion to the next if we book two or is that our responsibility?

Thank you for any help/advice offered.

In 2012 my husband and I went to the turtle center. I am pretty sure we didn't buy it through the ship. Getting to see and hold the turtles was definitely fun. 

The "snorkeling" was not great. The pool we swam in had a lot of algae. In the pic you can see the bottom and rocks covered in algae. But I would still consider it a worthwhile visit, especially with kids.

Screenshot_20230126-222445.png