Show reservations

lbow1984

I didn't realize that they were released before sailing. This is our first time and almost all of the shows we had been looking forward to are fully booked on all days. Do they ever open back up? 

I know we can wait and see if someone doesn't show and they end up releasing their seats, but I'm pretty disappointed.  I thought I read everything I needed to know. 😞

Are The Key special reservations also already gone if it says fully booked or are those different?

Usually the main shows in the Royal Theater do not require reservations.  At least they haven't been required on the few cruises we have taken in past 6 months.  Other shows you can always get in on stand by without a problem.  They were never full.   From ice skating to comedy shows.  The only show that sells out fast and hard to get into to is Aqua show, if you are on an Oasis class.  But those too had stand by availability.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If you are a diamond member talk with the representative in the diamond lounge, they can often get you reservations.

You need a reservation to use the Key benefits for shows.  I think if you arrive 30 minutes before and get in the stand by line that you'll make it into every show you want to see.  Of course keep checking your app for open reservations, but people don't cancel their reservations nearly as often as they simply don't show up.

• 2 months later...