Earliest Flight Out of MIA

Richbo

It's possible but you will have no wiggle room if disembarking is delayed for any reason. Check your schedule - it will list what time the ship docks, but that's not when passengers can leave. Walk-off (where you carry all your luggage with you) usually begins around 7:30 but that assumes several things. For example, we were delayed a couple hours on my last cruise because Customs and Border Patrol were not ready. 

Not to pile on, but there's also the possibility of delays checking in, checking bags and clearing security at the airport.   True that the flight could also be delayed, but I wouldn't bank on it.  Not sure where your 10 am is coming from geographically, but the chances of it being meaningfully delayed so early in the day are fairly minimal. 

If it were me, I'd also review the airline's policies for if I were to miss the flight because of something that was my fault (i.e., what happens if I wasn't there at the appointed boarding time) and factor that into my decision.  I wouldn't expect the airline to make any policy exceptions if I missed the flight because it worked out that I could not get off the cruise ship in time.  Even if they're willing to rebook on on the next open seat for no significant cost, as full as planes have been lately, you may not be able to get on the very next flight.  And if they cannot accommodate you on a flight still that day, your overnight hotel/meals would be on your nickel, not the airline's.  

Look, have I gotten off a cruise ship and made a 1030 am commercial flight?  Yep, Ft. Lauderdale in April of 2014.  Was I excreting bricks all morning until my hindquarters hit the plane seat ? Yes.  Did the possibility of missing my flight home hang over my head the entire cruise? Also yes.  I think you've heard the arguments against your proposed 10 am flight - I suspect it just depends on how much money that early flight saves you and how meaningful that amount is to you.  There are a bunch of reasons not to do that early flight, but it's a heck of a lot easier to save money than make money.  And I'd say you "should" make it, but it's an absolute disaster if you don't.