Handicapped accessible Beach beds at CoCo Cay

cfergie33

I have FINALLY convinced my 70+ year old parents to go on their first cruise!!! My Dad uses a walker and we will rent a scooter for him to get around. We are sceduled to go to CoCoCay and I, unfortunately,  can not afford to pay for a cabana for the day but thought about renting a beach bed for my Dad to be able to sit on. I believe that the beds at chill island are too far from everything to rent one there. My questions are... Does anyone know where breezy bay at chill island is on the map? I have called Royal Caribbean and even their reps can't even tell me. Also, South beach at one time had beach beds but they aren't showing as an option any more... it doesn't show them at all, not even as sold out. I think South beach would be a little closer to the food and stuff. Has anyone been to CoCo Cay recently that could give me some advice? Our cruise is still 6 months away but I would like to get this particular day set up.  Any and all advice is appreciated!!

South Beach is actually the farthest away from the main food and action area. They have their own food stands, but the main ones are far away. It’s also the farthest area from the ship. I don’t think any of the beach beds will be too accessible for a scooter. They are all in the sand along the beach. Breezy Bay, on a map, is just to the left of the over the water cabanas. Those might be the most accessible since they are closest to the basketball courts.

3 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

South Beach is actually the farthest away from the main food and action area. They have their own food stands, but the main ones are far away. It’s also the farthest area from the ship. I don’t think any of the beach beds will be too accessible for a scooter. They are all in the sand along the beach. Breezy Bay, on a map, is just to the left of the over the water cabanas. Those might be the most accessible since they are closest to the basketball courts.

thank you for this info. I've been to CocoCay before but stayed in the water park with my son so didn't really get to experience the island much. I think BreezyBay sounds like the best choice... I finally found it on a map after you described where it was. It looks like the tram lets you off right at Breezy Bay.  thank you!!

3 hours ago, KJones said:

RC does have beach wheelchairs that can maneuver the sand much better. Not sure how to go about requesting one though, also don't believe they're motorized.

Yeah, I knew about the wheelcairs but goodluck getting my stubborn Dad who doesn't believe he needs one in it🙄😁