CocoCay All Day Snorkeling at your Leisure

HoosierCruiser

28 minutes ago, HoosierCruiser said:

Does anyone know if this is just giving you the equipment? Or is there a special spot they let you snorkel that you have to have this tour?

If I already have snorkeling gear I’m bringing with me do I really need this excursion?

If you have your own gear you do not need to book the excursion.  We always bring our own gear. There are better spots to snorkel than others (you'll see others snorkeling, which is a good clue - I think it's off of Chill Beach), but you can snorkel anywhere that they allow swimming.

• 3 weeks later...

Second Speednoodles comments.  They just rent you the equipment and then you are on your own.  They do like you to wear a snorkeling vest though [we bring out own gear including vests].  Chill beach is best snorkeling. There's at least two wall structures there out between the lifeguard platforms where fish congregate [mostly majors and school fish].  There was a sunken airplane way out, but you can't get beyond the float lines to get to it anymore.  It's nice they station lifeguards on platforms out where you might be snorkeling.  Not the clearest water you'll find in the Caribbean, ha...but usually adequate.  Might catch sight of a stingray or two.  Silt is stirred up quite a bit by mid morning crowds near shore, but once out a ways, it stays pretty clear.