Alaska excursion/tours pre and post cruise

Adriana

I really want to do an Alaska cruise and pretty sure I will end up solo. I have seen that there are cruise options that already have the tours attached to them. It also appears that, just like I have to pay for the full cabin, I would need to pay for the double excursion. If I were to book a regular Alaska cruise without the included tours, does Royal offer the option of adding pre/post tours? Anything you would recommend? Thank you! 

I don't know that you can add on the land part separately with Royal. 

With enough research you could DIY your own your land tour and come out ahead pricewise, but it's definitely not as convenient as having all of the arrangements taken care of for you with respect to lodging and transportation.  Remember as a single, you're still paying for a hotel room which isn't discounted for solos. So the savings really only comes in not paying for 2 train/bus tickets or 2 included tour excursion tickets.

4 hours ago, Adriana said:

@AshleyDillo, thank you! I am pretty used to traveling solo and paying for everything on my own. I am not too keen on paying so much more for the extra tour. I would need to become much more familiar with the areas, tours, etc before I try to book any outside tours. I may go for a 2024 cruise instead of 2023, thanks again!

Alaska is pricy any way you look at it. The good thing is it's the United States so it isn't much different and there isn't a language barrier. Alaska is huge so you definitely need to figure out where and what would be important for you to see. If you do the research on the land tour that they couple with the cruises it gives you a sample idea of what to look into. The Alaskan Railroad website is a good place to start to research into a DIY trip.