First Cruise with Kids

My son, 10, has been on 16 cruises and loves every moment of it, so I'm guessing your kids will, too. I'd recommend Freedom class or bigger for the most activities. For example, Liberty of the Seas (Freedom class) has a water park onboard, a Broadway show, and the like. Oasis class even more.

You might also find many of you questions answered here: http://www.momsoftheseas.com

Have 4 kids 17, 14, 10 and 5 and we cruise during their spring break...just came back from our Liberty cruise on Sunday.  I can't pull my older 2 from school out for that long without a mountain of make up work.  Plus, when we cruise during a school break, they get to meet other kids at the teen club/Adventure Ocean.

Our last 2 cruises have been on Liberty.  Liberty tends to be cheaper than other Freedom class (although still more expensive during spring break) and we can do a long drive there to save on airfare.  My kids really enjoyed Liberty with the slides and kids splash park.  Next spring break we'll be on Harmony which will be our first Oasis class cruise.  Next year, my oldest will be 18 and no longer in the teen club and hoping that Harmony will have some meet and mingles like they had on Liberty last week for the 18-20 year olds.   

I've never seen that moms website.  Thanks for sharing it.

What is your favorite ship with your kids and do you usually go during break or off break?  Thank you

The newer the ship, the larger and more impressive the Adventure Ocean programming and dedicated space.  Specifically, the Oasis and Quantum class ships offer the largest Adventure Ocean spaces of all the ships in the fleet.

Of course, Adventure Ocean is not the end all, be all of what makes for a great cruise for kids.  In general, I think kids enjoy lots of pool time, a good variety of activities onboard and space dedicated to them.  

I've bought my kids (2 and 6 years old) on a lot of different ships and they seem to really enjoy it all. I think because your kids are a bit older, the newer ships will be up their alley.