Please help me chose dinner times with this cruise compass.

ElmoHongZito

In November we going on Oasys of the Seas 7-night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day at CocoCay sailing out of Miami. I found a cruise compass on this blog but its from February and the agenda is not the same. For example our days at sea are 2 and 6 (not days 3 and 7), our perfect day at cococay is day 7 (not day 2) and our destinations are also in a different order than that February sailing. (I’ve attached the compass and my itinerary to this post).

That being said I am not sure if I should follow that compass to figure out what time to make dinner reservations based on shows we want to see because it may be a completely different day to day timeline and I know the shows are not given all 7 days. For example, cats musical only showing 2 days at 8:30pm. 

I would like to make my MDR reservations now to get out of the way but not sure what time to book for. I know that you have to be seated at least 15 minutes before show starts and I read somewhere that 10 minutes before the show they no longer honor reservations. 

How would you handle? 

I purchased a 3 night dining package plus made a separate reservation already for hibachi restaurant. This is how I was planning to manage.

Day 1 - dining plan (reserved for 8:30 at the moment- restaurant tbd) 

Day 2 - MDR (have not made reservation yet)

Day 3 - dining plan

Day 4 - MDR (have not made reservation yet)

Day 5 - Hibachi (reserved for 9:15 at the moment)

Day 6 - MDR (have not made reservation yet)

Day 7 - dining plan

1A6A8E85-3988-4A7C-9757-11FFCCD0D94C.png

8202AB7F-E657-4451-9F55-A476DE363406.png

I cannot read the times of the shows

day 1 is a decent time, non of the “big” shows-Cats, Frozen in Time, or Aqua run on Day 1

the 5:30 seating in MDR pretty much gets you out in time for any shows….and you can tell staff you have a show and they’ll get you out quickly 

The late night in the Hibachi could get in the way of any 9pm or 10pm shows.

don’t forget you’ll want to check the weather, the aqua show won’t run in extreme weather.  My last sailing cancelled the early show on Say 2 but the late one ran.  Then they experienced hydraulic lift issues in the pool  during the cruise and cancelled the rest of the week.  I like to do everything early in the week.  It gives me an option to go standby if I want to see it a second time.

don’t forget to also look at your excursions and decide what time works best for meals.  

17 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I cannot read the times of the shows

day 1 is a decent time, non of the “big” shows-Cats, Frozen in Time, or Aqua run on Day 1

the 5:30 seating in MDR pretty much gets you out in time for any shows….and you can tell staff you have a show and they’ll get you out quickly 

The late night in the Hibachi could get in the way of any 9pm or 10pm shows.

don’t forget you’ll want to check the weather, the aqua show won’t run in extreme weather.  My last sailing cancelled the early show on Say 2 but the late one ran.  Then they experienced hydraulic lift issues in the pool  during the cruise and cancelled the rest of the week.  I like to do everything early in the week.  It gives me an option to go standby if I want to see it a second time.

don’t forget to also look at your excursions and decide what time works best for meals.  

That compass, although not matching mine completely, shows Aqua80 on day one. I was thinking if that is the case with my compass I will try to make the 7pm show that day so that I can make it to the 8:30 pm reservation being made for me on day 1. 

For my family a 5:30 dinner is way too early unless we skipped lunch or something which I am assuming will not happen with so many places to stuff your face all day lol

I would have tried to grab another time for my hibachi reservation but they are only offering 5:00, 5:15, 5:30, 9:00, 9:15, and 9:30 at this time. 

If Cats is only on day 3 and 4 at 8:30pm like that compass from February, then I guess I’ll have to grab an early reservation on one of those 2 days. MDR my time dining has times starting at 7:15 and going to 9pm. I’m guessing 7:15 is best although we may be rushed since we are supposed to be seated in show by 8:15pm. Day 3 is Puerta Costa Maya, Mexico and Day 4 is Roatan, Honduras. 

My brain is going to explode. I going to need a personal assistant to plan my trip.