First Time Cruisers - 3 and 5 Year Old Excursion Friendly

Good Afternoon!

I just found this page and have been reading it over...I've learned a lot but I do have a few questions.

My wife and I, along with our 3 and 5 year old, will be taking our first cruise on the Freedom of the Seas in August.  We are leaving Port Canaveral for a 7 night cruise and going to Cococay (I think a private island), St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Could anyone recommend any family friend excursions that the kids would enjoy?  My wife and I will Scuba Dive at one of the ports but would like to find something fun for the kids the other days.  A BIG plus would be able to jump in some water close by.

And if you have any advice for use, we would love to hear it!

Thanks

Andy

In St Maarten go to Le Galion beach.  It's a little cove PERFECT for young kids. My 2 year old (at the time) LOVED it because she cant swim but she could sit in the water with no waves at all to bother her.  

I have a review of Le Galion here: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/03/07/excursion-focus-le-galion-beach

In St Thomas my (at the time) 3 and 5 year olds loved Coral World.  IIRC they offered two versions of the excursion; one just going to Coral World, and one that also included a glass bottom boat tour.  We did the one with the glass bottomed boat and the kids really enjoyed it. It was a part-day excursion so you can also make arrangements to hit a beach someplace - Coral World may have had a small beach nearby, but I don't recall for sure.

My wife an I try to reserve St. Maarten as an adults-only day.  The kids have a great time in Adventure Ocean!

Thanks bcarney.  That leads to a conversation my wife and I just had.  I was under the assumption that we would both scuba dive at one of the ports.  We are both avid scuba divers but she seems to be uncomfortable with leaving the kids while we go on an excursion.  She says we are "too far" from getting back to them if something arise.

My response, is that she's crazy :)  I think they will be perfectly fine and they will LOVE adventure ocean.

I need to find a way to persuade her...

:)

hanks bcarney.  That leads to a conversation my wife and I just had.  I was under the assumption that we would both scuba dive at one of the ports.  We are both avid scuba divers but she seems to be uncomfortable with leaving the kids while we go on an excursion.  She says we are "too far" from getting back to them if something arise.

My response, is that she's crazy :)  I think they will be perfectly fine and they will LOVE adventure ocean.

I need to find a way to persuade her...

:)

We had the exact same scenario. Prior to our Navigator of the Seas cruise, there was no way we were going to leave my daughter in AO while we went to port.

By the time we got to Cozumel, me and my wife were in port and my daughter on the ship.  My daughter couldn't get enough and we really felt comfortable with AO.  

My advice is see how it goes first but I'd have no problem leaving my daughter onboard again.