Drop Location for 'New Acropolis Museum with Plaka free time"

Fred321

I have the above excursion booked and was wondering if anyone had a little more details about it.

About how long is the Acropolis part? I was there once before with a different tour and the actual Acropolis part was a Very rushed ( and extremely crowded) 30 minutes, Not nearly enough time to look and enjoy. 

Also does anyone know exactly ( well, within a block) of the drop off point and time alloted for "Plaka free time"?  I was hoping to enjoy Plaka a bit but also walk over to the Tomb of The unknown Soldier and back.

Originally this Excursion showed 7:30am-2:30 with ship departure at 7pm, but now the Time has been removed and it just shows 6hr45min total time

Also, if this excursion does end at 2;30 Pm, would it be a good option to actually stay until 4:30-5:00 and take a taxi back? google maps is showing apx 25min drive/$14Euro drive IF i'm entering the proper locations

I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but we took one of the hop on hop off busses from port and it was a great decision. They run frequently, have complimentary wifi and cost 10-20 euros a person for the whole day. If you're nice to them they might even give you a coupon for free food/drinks in local businesses.

• 1 year later...

we did this excursion there is a lot of walking. The time at the acropolis was "OK"  its a very crowded area ( as always) the info given by the tour guide was minimal but just enough for a 1st timer go get an idea of the basics. from there a very long walk  next stop was the museum which is pretty good but outside of it be careful of open stairwell holes in the ground with no railings around them,, one of our group walked right into one then down the stone stairs. he was cut up and headache unsure of the final outcome but he was on the bus back to the ship. anyway, the "plaka" stop and lunch was VERY disappointing we were dropped off the bus very far from "lunch" and marched ( very fast pace- again was ok with me but some of the older folk struggled) for about 15+ minutes to stand in line for our"free" lunch of a gyro which we had to eat standing there while everyone else filtered through the line then another walk. The Free time in Plaka was not the area of Plaka I had previously been to and enjoyed. The time there was OK since we had explored and found that section on our own the previous trip. I would suggest finding out if you can skip the free lunch part, take off and just meet at the final pickup point. I'll attach a map. I cant remember exactly where were were dropped off but it was apx the green X off the right side of the map then the walk to free lunch at the yellow with red pin which in my opinion just wasted a good hour+.  The red circle was the take off and meet back here free plaka time. There is a church to visit there and the tourist junk stores. If you want to see some old ruins  hit the blue circles. Hadrians Library has more to see than the roman forum.

Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 7:39 AM, Fred321 said:

but also walk over to the Tomb of The unknown Soldier and back.

A general note for anyone not aware - if you are at the Tomb on a Sunday, they do a ceremonial changing of the guards with full costumes and small "parade" at 11:00am.