xSAILEDx Enchantment of the Seas - Oct 2, 2023 - Oct 9, 2023 (7 Night Greek Isles Cruise)

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Enchantment of the Seas - Oct 2, 2023 - Oct 9, 2023 (7 Night Greek Isles Cruise)
In July, we booked a 7-night Greek Isles cruise on RCCL out of Rome on Brilliance in an aft junior suite for next October. (I should note that we're Diamond Plus on RCCL, having cruised with them 21 times in 18 years, and this was our third booking with them since our last cruise before covid.)
Sometime since we booked, they switched the ship to the Enchantment of the Seas. Okay, I get that they change ships, and I can live with that ship, even with its one specialty restaurant and its tiny gym. But - they moved us to a midship junior suite, even though we paid up to get the aft location vs. midship when we booked.

Now, I looked up how many suites in each category are on each ship. Even if they moved the one other aft junior suite from Brilliance to Enchantment, that left 11 on Enchantment. Then, if they moved the people from Grand and Owners' Suites on Brilliance over and above the number available on Enchantment to aft junior suites on Enchantment as accommodation, that still leaves 5 aft junior suites on Enchantment.

So it's apparent that they moved us, pocketed the premium we paid, then left at least five unbooked aft junior suites for other people to book - also at premiums over midship junior suites. When I called them, they tried to tell me they sent a letter. BS. I checked all my email folders, and I received nothing from them. I only found out about the change when I looked at our reservations page.

They refused to move us, and they refused to discount our remaining fare by the premium we paid. They put us on a waitlist and said they'd notify us if an aft junior suite opens up. Yeah, like they notified us when they changed ships and cabins on us.

Yes, I know they can do this per the contract. Yes, we'll still be on a cruise, with a great itinerary, in a nice cabin with a balcony. Yes, we'll enjoy ourselves. But no, I probably won't cruise with them again. Caveat emptor.

• 10 months later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Enchantment of the Seas - Oct 2, 2023 - Oct 9, 2023 (7 Night Greek Isles Cruise)