Room Upgrade question.

Hi all, We are due to sail on a back to back cruises on Oasis in November. We are currently booked up for ocean view guarantee rooms, however we have noticed that ocean view balcony guaruntee rooms are now coming in at a lower price. 

If we upgraded to the ocean view with balcony guarantee would we be refunded the difference in price or receive OBC? 

We are still within our final payment window. 

Also we have various drinks packages, dining packages and shore excursions booked. Would we lose all these, ie would it be classed as a cancellation and rebook or would they just keep our booking and move us to the different rooms? 

8 hours ago, D.Mckinnon said:

Hi all, We are due to sail on a back to back cruises on Oasis in November. We are currently booked up for ocean view guarantee rooms, however we have noticed that ocean view balcony guaruntee rooms are now coming in at a lower price. 

If we upgraded to the ocean view with balcony guarantee would we be refunded the difference in price or receive OBC? 

We are still within our final payment window. 

Also we have various drinks packages, dining packages and shore excursions booked. Would we lose all these, ie would it be classed as a cancellation and rebook or would they just keep our booking and move us to the different rooms? 

You aren't cancelling your booking and just doing a stateroom upgrade, so unless you paid final balance then your balance would just be reduced. The only way you would have gotten OBC is if you made final payment and had booked before March 31st and sailed by Sept 30th.

Your booking number would stay the same as you are just doing a reprice so nothing in the cruise planner (CP) will be affected. 

9 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

You aren't cancelling your booking and just doing a stateroom upgrade, so unless you paid final balance then your balance would just be reduced. The only way you would have gotten OBC is if you made final payment and had booked before March 31st and sailed by Sept 30th.

Your booking number would stay the same as you are just doing a reprice so nothing in the cruise planner (CP) will be affected. 

Great, thanks. 

5 hours ago, Spang1974 said:

Bear in mind, Ocean View Balcony cabins on some ships include obstructed balconies, with a limited or partially blocked view. 

How would i find out which ones are obstructed view on Oasis? Our allocated rooms at the moment are on deck 11 front facing, which im not massively keen on so i think we would still be better off changing to the oceanview balcony guarantee. Bit of a lottery i suppose.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:15 PM, D.Mckinnon said:

How would i find out which ones are obstructed view on Oasis? Our allocated rooms at the moment are on deck 11 front facing, which im not massively keen on so i think we would still be better off changing to the oceanview balcony guarantee. Bit of a lottery i suppose.

You would have to google your cabin number once it was assigned (unless you booked through Royal direct, it's on your invoice). You are right it's a bit of a lottery, you have to decide if the location and view of your cabin is worth the savings, as you have no say in these.