ON POINT COVID TESTS

24 minutes ago, Johnny Johns said:

I see that RC is recommending eMed proctored Covid test for pre-cruise testing. Do they also accept the Covid tests administered by On Point? On Point seems to do it basically the same as eMed, but it is a bit cheaper.

I believe we have has some, at least one, in here say that there was no problem with the "On Point" test.  

While, I do recommend the use of eMed, not that I'm an expert or anything, I wouldn't say that RC "recommends" eMed.  I believe that they are in some type of business relationship with Abbott/Optum.  I'm sure that Royal is realizing some kind of revenue stream form one or the other or both.  I believe Royal is just advertising the Abbott/Optum option.  Nothing wrong with the business relationship or Abbott and eMed.  I just wouldn't call it a recommendation.

From what I've read, the "On Point" test meets all of Royal's requirements and is a much cheaper alternative.  Especially if you use the U.S. Government's "free" COVID test kits that can be mailed to you, again, for "free".  Which nothing is really free.  I've got 8 of them sitting right next to me just waiting on the expiration date to come.