Tips for blue hole Jamaica

Jenny0609

We have booked through Royal Caribbean Blue hole, Dunn’s river falls and chill at reggae hill. Tell me everything! What do we need to bring? how long are we there? how long is the ride there? are there lockers? what do we wear? do we bring dry clothes to change into? What is the lunch? I have a kid with food allergies will we be able to bring him food from the ship? Thanks in advance!!

I have only done Dunns River Falls and it was amazing! Absolutely one of the major highlights of my Jamaica trip. My biggest advice would be to bring good water shoes. Those rocks are slippery!! You will have a blast.

As mentioned in the next post, the waterproof cell case is a must. One tip, put your phone in upside down and backwards. That way it will be in the perfect position when you flip it up to take a pic.

We just did Blue Hole and River tubing. Check and see how long you are in port that day. Blue Hole was beautiful, but it felt like we were there for only 30 minutes. We jumped one waterfall and did one rope swing and then we were back on the bus. It is about 1 hour 45 min bus ride each way so that took a good portion of our time. I enjoyed the River tubing, but probably would have preferred to spend the whole day at blue hole. Make sure you bring water shoes. We did blue hole first. We left everything we didn’t want to get wet on the bus. If you want your phone make sure it’s in a waterproof case. As soon as we were done with blue hole we got back on the bus and sat on our towels until we got to the River tubing. Probably a 15-20 minute drive. Again leaving everything on the bus you didn’t want wet. We ate lunch at Plantation restaurant. It was a set menu with the choices being jerk chicken, beans/rice, slaw and a vegetarian option. I would imagine bringing food in your pack wouldn’t be an issue. The bus stays with you the whole time. You do get pushed to tip each of the hosts, I was expecting this, but if you were not it would be uncomfortable. We had a guide for blue hole that we tipped, a guide for the River tubing, the bus driver, and our guide for the day/host that talked during the drive that was in charge for the day. We were in Jamaica from 8:30-4:00 and it was tight with this excursion. They had said if we ran into traffic we were going to pick up our lunch instead of eating at the restaurant. Yours could be different with it being blue hole and the falls, but we enjoyed just wished we had more time. 

23 hours ago, DevilDog84 said:

We just did Blue Hole and River tubing. Check and see how long you are in port that day. Blue Hole was beautiful, but it felt like we were there for only 30 minutes. We jumped one waterfall and did one rope swing and then we were back on the bus. It is about 1 hour 45 min bus ride each way so that took a good portion of our time. I enjoyed the River tubing, but probably would have preferred to spend the whole day at blue hole. Make sure you bring water shoes. We did blue hole first. We left everything we didn’t want to get wet on the bus. If you want your phone make sure it’s in a waterproof case. As soon as we were done with blue hole we got back on the bus and sat on our towels until we got to the River tubing. Probably a 15-20 minute drive. Again leaving everything on the bus you didn’t want wet. We ate lunch at Plantation restaurant. It was a set menu with the choices being jerk chicken, beans/rice, slaw and a vegetarian option. I would imagine bringing food in your pack wouldn’t be an issue. The bus stays with you the whole time. You do get pushed to tip each of the hosts, I was expecting this, but if you were not it would be uncomfortable. We had a guide for blue hole that we tipped, a guide for the River tubing, the bus driver, and our guide for the day/host that talked during the drive that was in charge for the day. We were in Jamaica from 8:30-4:00 and it was tight with this excursion. They had said if we ran into traffic we were going to pick up our lunch instead of eating at the restaurant. Yours could be different with it being blue hole and the falls, but we enjoyed just wished we had more time. 

Thank you!