St. John's on your own excursion - what can we do?

Cutepanda

Booked Symphony of the Seas Nov. 12 -19. I bought St. John's on your own excursion with Royal. After hearing all the terrible stories( and YouTube videos)  passengers got left behind because of not making back on time, no way we are going to go by ourselves on a strange island. 

However the excursion only has 4 hrs,  including on the ferry ride between St. Thomas to St. Johns.

Has anyone done this excursion before? How much time will we have actually doing the fun stuff on St. Johns? I'm thinking of taking the open safari taxi over to Cinnamon Bay and snorkeling, kayaking. I know there is a hiking trial cross from Cinnamon Bay, do I have time to sneak in a hike? 

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
On 6/16/2022 at 2:30 PM, Cutepanda said:

Booked Symphony of the Seas Nov. 12 -19. I bought St. John's on your own excursion with Royal. After hearing all the terrible stories( and YouTube videos)  passengers got left behind because of not making back on time, no way we are going to go by ourselves on a strange island. 

However the excursion only has 4 hrs,  including on the ferry ride between St. Thomas to St. Johns.

Has anyone done this excursion before? How much time will we have actually doing the fun stuff on St. Johns? I'm thinking of taking the open safari taxi over to Cinnamon Bay and snorkeling, kayaking. I know there is a hiking trial cross from Cinnamon Bay, do I have time to sneak in a hike? 

Thanks!

Did you end up doing the hiking and other activities at Cinnamon Bay?  We are going in January and were looking at booking ourselves because we wanted more than four hours in the area.  Then I read your email about people not getting back. . . . hadn't heard that yet.  Any tips on this area?