Question: Limited Selection / Sold out Shore Excursions

I'm about 60 days out and options are limited.  Question: Does Royal ever add additional options or expand the number of spots available for shore excursions if demand is high?

I'm sure people cancel and change which could open up some spots over time.  But I was wondering if they might add capacity when booked up?

I will probably just have to book on my own - not a big deal... but would rather be on their official tours if possible.  Just not much available now.

I don't really want to roll the dice and hope something comes available while on the ship. 

Thanks for any input.

Things have been much more “last minute” recently, as Royal gets the last ships up and running and validates relationships with old and new tour vendors. I’m 53 days out from my next cruise and just finally got tours in the last port I was waiting for. Just keep checking!

5 hours ago, therealbigredrules said:

I'm about 60 days out and options are limited.  Question: Does Royal ever add additional options or expand the number of spots available for shore excursions if demand is high?

I'm sure people cancel and change which could open up some spots over time.  But I was wondering if they might add capacity when booked up?

I will probably just have to book on my own - not a big deal... but would rather be on their official tours if possible.  Just not much available now.

I don't really want to roll the dice and hope something comes available while on the ship. 

Thanks for any input.

It also depends on the port of call tour operator's capacities.  For example, there 5 ships scheduled to be at Ketchikan, Alaska on August 14, 2022.  There will be approx. 16K  passengers with some percentage of them competing for the same limited number of excursion slots.