Oasis of the Seas Questions

blawmtih

A few questions.  We are heading out for 7 nights in August on Oasis, true or not, can you use Starbucks gift cards to pay at the Starbucks kiosk?  I have heard convincing answers of yes and no on the internet.  Second, how busy is it once settled in?  I know the first night on Enchantment seemed super busy, but as everyone settled things got pretty laid back.  Third, any little idiosyncrasies about the ship I should know about?  We are sailing with a 71 year old man (father-in-law) who can get cranky in large crowds, how much should I worry?  He likes his gin and tonic and already got the drink package, I am hoping this keeps him mellowed out.  This one may cause a firestorm, but, I will ask anyway.  I don't drink soda but I plan on getting the drink package.  My daughter enjoys an occasional soda at dinner or lunch.  I know it isn't completely right, but is there harm in giving her my soda cup if I'm not using it and she rarely uses it?  Lastly, I am still confused about gratuities and the drink package.  Are they included?  I always gave the bartender a buck on beer and wine and two bucks on cocktails, but was never certain.

Thanks, you folks have been so helpful in the past.

The crowds really are only a problem as a show gets out our as people are rushing into the dining room during fixed dining. The other exception might be the Royal Promenade on event nights (e.g., parade) but this can be easily avoided.

Gratuities are included in the purchase of the drink package. You are not required to to any additional unless you truly want to. Reasons I have added more in the past is because of exceptionally far and responsive service in the theater or when the bartender had my drink prepared as he saw me coming his way.

Sharing of the drink package is technically not allowed, but I wouldn't be opposed to doing what you suggest especially when it comes to something you're not using yourself. Note this will only work at the freestyle machines. Your daughter won't be able to get a soda in a restaurant or at a bar.

can you use Starbucks gift cards to pay at the Starbucks kiosk? 

I've used the Starbucks app to pay for drinks on Oasis class ship Starbucks, so yes. You just cannot redeem rewards onboard.

This one may cause a firestorm, but, I will ask anyway.  I don't drink soda but I plan on getting the drink package.  My daughter enjoys an occasional soda at dinner or lunch.  I know it isn't completely right, but is there harm in giving her my soda cup if I'm not using it and she rarely uses it? 

I am in the same situation. I gave up soda a while ago, but I get the cup with the drink package.  But if you never use it and your daughter is the only one using it, I don't see the harm considering only one person is using the refillable cup.  Technically I am sure it is against the rules, but I see this as different than if someone is using their drink package to get drinks for them and another.

Lastly, I am still confused about gratuities and the drink package.  Are they included?  I always gave the bartender a buck on beer and wine and two bucks on cocktails, but was never certain.

Yes, you will see on the receipt an automatic 18% gratuity has been added. You can certainly tip more, but tip is automatically added to the bill.