Future cruise credit usage

So we have cruise credit from last year that we have to book by April to use by Dec 22. We don't want to cruise this year. I don't want to deal with the COVID testing and restrictions with the small kiddos. I would rather just cruise next year in hopes it would be better. They still have the cruise with confidence until March 31. Could I book a cruise for Dec or Nov 2022. Then cancel it. Will it extend my cruise credit another year? Anyone did this or can verify this?

No, the expiration dates of CWC FCCs is not impacted by being re-issued. Meaning, if you are re-issued FCC from a sailing you canceled from which you paid with FCC, the re-issued FCC expiration date would remain the same. 

Keep your eye out for changes in the climate. Protocols could change by the end of the year. Not necessarily, but they could.

As a side note, they removed the "book by" date requirement for CWC FCCs (see Matt's post below). So you don't have to book by April, but you do need to use it on a sailing departing on or before Dec 31, 2022.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/02/03/royal-caribbean-removes-deadline-redeem-future-cruise-credits