How fast do specialty restaurants and spa experiences book up?

ChanaC

We booked our cruise through Costco, who threw in some cool perks including one specialty dining experience and one spa experience. However, both reservations have to be made once we get onboard, and the spa experience can only be used on a port day. How quickly do these book up? We have three dining options and would prefer to do one specifically (Wonderland) but are pretty flexible on which night. And if it's sold out, we would be okay doing something else. The spa experience might be trickier because we only have four port days on a seven night cruise, and I know we would like to spend as much time in the ports as possible. Two of the port days are late arrivals, so I'm hoping to book the treatment early on one of those dates. Do you think there is a chance everything gets sold out in advance? Or do you think we'll have some good opportunities to pick and choose what we want? I'm hoping to book those as soon as we board, and while it's too early to check in we're hoping to get an early boarding time.

Anyone who books a dining package like a 3 night, 4 night, 5 night or the UDP has to make reservation on board.  

Only people who pay for the individual reservation ahead of time get to reserve a time before boarding.  

To answer your question though depends on the ship.  Some ships are very popular such as Wonder right now.  Specialty dining goes very fast on Wonder.