Air2Sea

Sparks

I am so frustrated as I know many are with air2sea. Most of the time when I call the connection is so bad I cannot hear a complete sentence. Pretty scary since this is how we are supposed to book air through Royal. Isn’t being able to communicate a priority when booking air??? Now the original website for booking air is only available on the Azmara site??? Why did Royal Caribbean let this go?? This was an amazing tool that allowed us to book open jaw multi stop tickets. Now it is only day of flight?? Hmmm will this pose a problem for many when booking flights over seas? I tell everyone to make sure they go to google flights or another site to see what their options are completely before calling. One agent was going to have me wait for 8 hours at an airport. Really????? Do your homework since royal downgraded the air2sea site.

Agreed it is challenging. I am doing two Atlantic crossings (one each way) a couple months apart and - even though I go FtL to Barcelona and then Barc back to FtL because they are different cruise booking numbers I could not book a round trip flight. Would have had to book two one-way tickets at significantly higher cost.  I ended up just booking my flights directly.

I also agree about "know what you're doing before you call" - the agent first wanted to put us on a flight home from Miami to Chicago via Seattle.... not gonna' happen, buddy.

On 3/7/2022 at 8:53 AM, Sparks said:

I am so frustrated as I know many are with air2sea. Most of the time when I call the connection is so bad I cannot hear a complete sentence. Pretty scary since this is how we are supposed to book air through Royal. Isn’t being able to communicate a priority when booking air??? Now the original website for booking air is only available on the Azmara site??? Why did Royal Caribbean let this go?? This was an amazing tool that allowed us to book open jaw multi stop tickets. Now it is only day of flight?? Hmmm will this pose a problem for many when booking flights over seas? I tell everyone to make sure they go to google flights or another site to see what their options are completely before calling. One agent was going to have me wait for 8 hours at an airport. Really????? Do your homework since royal downgraded the air2sea site.

I've found calling in the evening is a shorter/almost no hold time. I had someone pick up, couldn't understand a word they said and I hung up and called back and the call was answered quickly again, with someone who I could understand a little better.

I also was calling during peak hours (a month ago) and they gave a recording to "have us call you back" after having been on hold for quite some time, so I pressed the button to have them do that.  They took my number and said 3 hours.  Needless to say 3 hours later I had to be sure to be near my phone....and they didn't call back until the 5th hour-as I was in the middle cooking.  Always something!

I am on hold with them RIGHT NOW...We're just about to cross the 2 hour mark...

And, yes, I always run into that garbled connection issue...Some have reported that it's due to the agents all being remote, in the Philippines perhaps, and working over an extremely poor remote phone system.

The entire Air2Sea experience, for us, has been a major and continuing DISASTER.

We have two cruises booked this August...The first is an 8-night Barcelona round trip...the second is on Celebrity--a 12 night Reykjavik to Boston...So, we have to fly from LAX to BCN, then BCN-KEF, then BOS-LAX...  The system cannot handle a three legged journey...so, we booked the first two connected to our Vision OTS cruise, the last leg connected to the X Summit cruise...

First, Air2Sea sent us a notice that our BCN-KEF flight was canceled...We contacted them...and after HOURS on the phone over several calls and emails, we were able to get it rescheduled.  Then we got a notice that our BOS-LAX leg was moved to 6:00 am!  We had to move it to another date, time and airline...and paid a higher price.   Then we got a notice that Air Canada moved our LAX-BCN flights to something unmanageable...Then a second change notification--entirely in FRENCH!  After more calls/emails, we finally got Air2Sea to move us to American Airlines via Chicago...

All set? Heck, no...Twice since being with AA, we have received notices from Air2Sea with vague messages saying there's been a change...and they'll get back to us in 30 days...We've contacted AA each times and found out the flights haven't been changed or canceled...It is OUR BOOKING that's been canceled each time--Because Air2Sea doesn't ticket it within the required time.  Air2Sea keeps promising to "reinstate" it...but every time, AA cancels it again...and each time, we lose our seat assignments...and I have to get on the phone with Air2Sea and waste hours every time...This could go on ad infinitum.

We don't have flights, we don't have seats...and fares are increasing.  And, yes, this is ALL Air2Sea's fault!  If they don't ticket and that means your reservations get canceled, they shouldn't promise us that we have reservations and don't have to pay until final payment.  What good are constantly canceled reservations?