Dining with unvaccinated kids

matt51019

I am just trying to figure out what our dining options will be while cruising with our unvaccinated children on The Odyssey of the Seas . I mostly plan on eating at the windjammer for breakfast and lunch and would like to eat in the main dining room in the evening. Currently the earliest I can get the my time dining scheduled for is 7:45pm. I would like to eat earlier then that if possible. Anyone have any advice on my other options? Also, what is the experience like in the main dining room with unvaccinated children?

There is no difference in the MDR experience w unvaccinated kids, except possibly the floor you eat on. You walk in, sit down, and remove your mask, and so do they. 

As for the timing, my time dining is unavailable to unvaccinated kids, so I would say your best bet is to check with the head waiter on embarkation day to see if you can change your reservation to early dining. 

I will have two young vaccinated kids and a 2 year old. My plan is windjammer and lots of room service, taking them to a restaurant with a waiter is a nightmare, we figure that’s what adventure ocean is for🤪

but if your kids are older main dining might be fine. Have you called to try to get the earlier seating? Unfortunately unvaccinated can’t do MTD

We are scheduled on the the Odyssey with unvaccinated kids as well. We were told that the MDR at the early seating (5:30) was our only option and could not book the later dinner (8:00 is really too late for us regardless). I’d check with your travel agent to try to switch it before sailing. 
I’m hoping we can do a few specialty restaurants (maybe without the kids), but scheduling with Adventure Ocean looks like it will be a craps shoot.