The Key?

Wayland

1 hour ago, Wayland said:

Hello all! I’m going on Harmony next month. I went on Odyssey in August but there was only 450 people on board. I saw news the other day Symphony had 6000 people… so my question is, do you think the Key is worth the money? I want to make sure I have access to the shows, they’re my favorite part of the cruising experience.

Key is definitely worth the money if you are not in a suite. You get permission to enter the terminal as soon as you arrive no matter what time your “boarding time” is and they give you a special waiting area there. Then you are allowed to board right after the suite guests. You also get to go into shows early before regular guests. They also have discount on room service and other things For us it was totally worth it.

The Key has changed quite a bit with the restart. The one constant is that you have to purchase it for everybody over 6 in your cabin. Depending on the price, could be a big hit for a small return.

I’m usually solo so I may get it if the price is right…because I would be purchasing the Voom internet anyway and that’s included. Different ports offer different boarding options with the Key. I sail out of Bayonne NJ and so far…each time I’ve had the Key (I’m on my 8th cruise since Sept…2 with the Key) there has been no line and anyone who arrived when I did (11:30am) was just waved right into the terminal. I like the carry on drop off and the Chops lunch. The listed perk about early seating in the theater or Two70 on the Anthem has not happened. They opened the doors 45 minutes pre-show and welcomed everyone with a reservation. The FlowRider and Rock Climbing times are limited…and I do neither. There are no Key times for the NorthStar, iFly or Bumper Cars. There is a perk about priority boarding tenders, but I haven’t been to a port without a pier. I do early walk off on the final day but there is no longer a Key waiting area like before. Now we just line up with everyone else. I haven’t taken advantage of the sit down breakfast and Choice Departure.
As a pre-shutdown Key regular…so far there hasn’t been much to recommend about the current Key. Hopefully that changes as capacity increases, but for now as @Mattsaid…it’s not worth it…especially for anyone not traveling solo.