Grandeur Boston to Barbados in February

Kimi

Cruise is scheduled 2nd week in February but I see that Barbados is categorized by the CDC as a Level 4 - "travel not recommended". We are flying from Boston to Barbados.  Also, rules are different for air travel than they are for leaving the US on the ship.  All 5 of us will have to test on Thursday for embarkation on Sunday BUT we will also have to test again (from what I'm reading) when we get to the airport, either at the airport or at the cruise terminal), THEN coming home we will have to test 24 hours before our flight back (also reading that Barbados will require us to test 24 hours upon our return there so hoping this satisfies the US requirement).  This all seems like an awful LOT & is already starting to give me anxiety.  Anyone else have a similar situation ?   I haven't canceled because if Royal Caribbean cancels then I would get a full refund versus future cruise credit.   I'm not sure how the Level 4 islands are going to handle tourists either, i.e. if shore excursions to a Level 4 island will not be possible.  Had I known that things were going to shift again I probably wouldn't have booked this - just wondering if anyone else has similar thoughts or suggestions.  

Pretty sure the CDC rates Florida as level 4 too although maybe not published on a website.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

The testing doesn't look that bad really:

1804879168_ScreenShot2021-12-15at3_47_47PM.thumb.jpg.a0828ff6a8e129cb0f0a04787cdd5d6f.jpg

You only pay for the PCR test before, but you should be able to find those free in the US.  

There should be more feedback in the coming days and weeks.  I'd sit back and watch for what others say.  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

The testing doesn't look that bad really

@twangsteryou may be more clued in on the testing. With Barbados, we are flying in and plan to spend five days so we will need another test prior to going to the terminal. Have you seen anything from Royal about which test you are required to present at the terminal prior to the require antigen test pre-boarding. We need to book test in Barbados and with The Australian exchange rate the tests are expensive so wondering of antigen will be okay or go for the PCR. 

16 minutes ago, CruisingOz said:

@twangsteryou may be more clued in on the testing. With Barbados, we are flying in and plan to spend five days so we will need another test prior to going to the terminal. Have you seen anything from Royal about which test you are required to present at the terminal prior to the require antigen test pre-boarding. We need to book test in Barbados and with The Australian exchange rate the tests are expensive so wondering of antigen will be okay or go for the PCR. 

I'd wait to see what current guests begin to report back.

From what I see above the first PCR test is required by Barbados, not the ship.  It is used to enter Barbados.  

I don't see that Royal requires a test to approach the terminal taken within 2 days like they would for a cruise from a US home port.  Everyone who boards in Barbados gets tested (antigen) at Royal's expense. 

Let's hope we can start to get some feedback as more guests begin to sail from Barbados.