Lack of Scuba options on Oasis of the Seas

Randyg94509

Traveling on the Oasis April 10-17, 2022. 4 ports of call, 3 are listed as offering Scuba Diving (Nassau, Bahamas...San Juan, Puerto Rico... Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas), so we booked thru a third party eager to get dives in at 3 locations. 5 months later, Royal is telling us that Scuba Diving is no longer offered at those ports of call....yet discover scuba or certification courses are.

Is anyone else frustrated with the lack of options for certified divers? Does anyone know a good dive shop in any of those ports that can transport us from/to the cruise terminals as well?

You don’t have to look far to find a RC cruiser/ certified diver who scratching their head and wondering why Royal is not signing contracts with dive providers. I’ve heard Covid is the excuse but what could be safer than individuals with their own contained breathing sources? As a matter of fact, I did the dive at Coco Cay a week ago, so what gives?

Royal has been a scuba enabler for sometime now. They know the dive providers that are responsible, skilled operations that have a proven track record of being up to the task. It sure would be nice to spend my OBC on scuba excursions again.

Recommendations? In Nassau you only have two choices: Stuart Coves and Sandals Royal Bahamian resort. In San Juan it’s hard to beat Scuba Dogs for location and ease of getting a cab back to port. St Thomas? Can’t go wrong with Admiralty or JJ Divers. I’ve even dove with Coki Divers which is just a shed on the beach but it was a short, convenient walk to Margaritaville, so I like them too.

• 1 year later...